Cavities and similar dental problems are a regular part of your child’s growing up, and to manage these problems; you have to keep going to a pediatric dentist now and then. But if it is your and your child’s first time visiting a pediatric dentist Garland TX, you might be a little unsure about what to expect. But don’t worry! We have got you covered!
While going to a pediatric dentist is almost like visiting a regular dentist, it will be a different experience for your child. So here are some of the things you and your child can expect from the first visit to the dentist.
What To Expect
Firstly, your pediatric dentist will be well aware that your child is not likely to be cooperative on the first visit itself. Thus, pediatric dentists make their chamber as appealing as possible with specially designed equipment and brighter room decor to make them feel more comfortable. They even have special training to help them converse with kids and to get them to open up and be cooperative during visits.
Once your child has become a little more comfortable, the dentist will start the oral health examination that will include –
- Asking you questions about your kid’s oral health – whether they brush and floss their teeth regularly
- A thorough checkup of your child’s teeth and the surrounding areas like oral tissues, bite, jaw, and gums.
- A small cleaning and polishing procedure to clean up any stains, tartar, or plaque.
The appointment will last somewhere between 30-45 minutes with a complete examination. At this time, either your dentist will prescribe some medicines to cure the dental problem and ask for a checkup or schedule a second appointment for further investigation or treatment.
Now that you know what to expect from your child’s first visit to the pediatric dentist, here are some of the ways you can prepare your child to make them relax during their dental appointment.
Prepare Your Child
- You should talk to your child about the visit beforehand. Talk to them about what a dentist does, what checkup they are about to receive, and other aspects of the visit. An encouraging conversation can change their outlook considerably, making them more willing to cooperate with their dentist.
- Some parents even take their child for an initial inspection at the chamber before the appointment. This helps them familiarize themselves with the place, making them more comfortable.
- Lastly, you should ensure your child is well-fed and well-rested before their appointment. This will keep them in a happier, more playful mood during the entire visit.
Thus, visiting a pediatric dentist for the first time is not a big deal. So head over to our website and make an appointment with the best pediatric dentist in Garland Texas, today! You just need to know what you can expect and prepare your child beforehand, and your dentist will take care of the rest.